Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 09:06 AM
Please be advised The Regional Municipality of York will be constructing a new groundwater monitoring well at:
- Town Park (at the corner of Wells Street and Metcalfe Street)
- Wilson Park (at the corner of Attridge Drive and Moorcrest Drive)
The monitoring well will support York Region environmental programs and services to ensure groundwater resources are protected, healthy and sustainable.
- May to July 2022
What can you expect?
- Access to playground and baseball fields in Town Park will...
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 02:17 PM
To mark Recreation and Parks Month in June (JRPM), the Town of Aurora is celebrating with a calendar full of active, healthy and fun activities. JRPM is an initiative aimed to increase awareness of the important benefits of recreation and parks for individuals, families and communities. Recreation and Parks Month raises awareness for the role parks and recreation plays as pathways to individual, community, and environmental well-being. Mayor Mrakas will also issue a proclamation for the month of...
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 01:35 PM
Residents are asked to obey all signs and closures for their safety
Aurora, ON –On Saturday, May 21 a severe storm blew through Aurora causing significant damage to hydro poles, parks, trails and public and private property. Town staff are working with our municipal partners and the Region of York to clean up the debris and repair the damage caused by the storm.
Due to the storm, many parks and trails have been deemed unsafe and are currently closed. Staff have placed barricades and signage throughout...
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:50 AM
Please be advised of the road construction on Wellington Street West from Bathurst Street to Yonge Street
- A road preservation treatment, called microsurfacing, will be applied to Wellington Street West
- It is a common and cost-effective way to maintain and treat roads with minor defects and can extend the life of a road up to eight years
- Optimal timing for this treatment is six to eight years after the road has been resurfaced
- The road surface can feel rougher and sound noisier...
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2022 08:53 AM
The Town of Aurora’s Fireworks By-law allows fireworks to be set off on Victoria Day and the day before Victoria Day, Canada Day and the day before Canada Day. Fireworks can only be set off between sunset and 11 p.m. on these designated days. Fireworks are not allowed on public property, including parks, streets, open fields or spaces in Aurora and a set fine of $600 may be issued for setting off family fireworks on prohibited days and times.
Remember to handle fireworks with caution, have an adult...