Santa Under the Stars Parade
Don’t miss the magic of the Santa Under the Stars
Parade. This annual night time tradition continues on Saturday,
November 23 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The parade will travel along Yonge Street from Orchard Heights Boulevard to Murray Drive.
The Salvation Army will be picking up food
donations and letters for Santa along the route before the parade begins.
This night time parade is full of magic, with
beautifully decorated floats, incredible marching bands and a few special guests
include the Jolly man-in-red himself.
Note: Please enjoy the
parade, however it is essential that you enjoy it from the sidewalk. Do not sit or stand on the road. It is essential from the curb into the road
be completely clear at all times, as EMS vehicles need to use this space to
respond to emergencies.
Road Closure - Saturday, November 23
The following temporary closures will take place during the parade:
• 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Yonge Street from St. John's Sideroad to Orchard Heights Boulevard.
• 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Yonge Street from St. John's Sideroad to Wellington Street and Wellington Street to Batson Drive (northbound traffic only). All side streets between Wellington Street and Batson Drive will still be open (southbound Yonge Street will still be open until 5:30 p.m. when full road closure takes effect).
• 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Old Yonge Street (southbound only) from St. John's Sideroad to Twelve Oaks Drive. Northbound Old Yonge Street will be open for through traffic.
• 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Yonge Street from Orchard Heights Boulevard to Henderson Drive.
• 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Englehard Drive from Edward Street to Industrial Parkway.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Floats, Bands and Marching Groups
Want to help make this magic happen? Applications are now being accepted for floats and
marching bands to participate in Aurora’s Santa Under the Stars Parade. This
year, the parade takes place on Saturday, November 23 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Application forms are available at the Aurora
Family Leisure Complex, Aurora Town Hall and the Stronach Aurora Recreation
Complex or can be downloaded here.
Santa Under the Stars Parade - Application Form
Completed forms must be received by Tuesday,
For more information, please call 905-726-4762.
Check out this photo gallery from Aurora's 2018 Santa Under the Stars Parade event.
Thank you to our Event Sponsors