Saturday, December 8: Noon to 6 p.m.
Sunday, December 9: Noon to midnight
Aurora Community Centre, 1 Community Centre Lane (Yonge Street and Aurora Heights Drive)
This is a FREE event.
Weekend to feature Sportsnet broadcasters Ron MacLean and Tara Slone, NHL alumni, live entertainment and hockey activities for the whole family.
On Sunday, Rogers Hometown Hockey will host an outdoor viewing party of two NHL games hosted by Ron and Tara.
Family Fun Activities:
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
Rogers Fan Hub: Rogers celebrates your community within the Fan Hub. Help support local minor hockey and participate in fun and interactive experiences, autograph signings with NHLers and alumni, video game stations, bubble hockey, and popcorn!
Sportsnet Virtual Photo Booth and Interactive Games: Fans have the chance to get close to their favorite players through virtual technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing and their chance to win great prizes. In addition, hockey players of all ages will be able to show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to the NHL stars!
Scotiabank Community Hockey Rink: A family-friendly outdoor hockey space to engage hockey fans, interact with NHL alumni and CWHL player Laura Stacey, celebrate the game and play ball hockey. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community
Ram Haul of Fame: Features the Ram 1500 in a hockey-themed obstacle course that will test the skills of fans of all ages. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter the Breakaway Giveaway contest to win an all-new 2019 Ram 1500 for their family and $5,000 for their local minor hockey association. All contest entrants will receive a free branded giveaway courtesy of Dodge.
PlaymobilKids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend.
Ted Rogers Community Grants: Rogers is giving back to local communities at every Rogers Hometown Hockey stop throughout the season. Ted Rogers Community Grants are being awarded to local Canadian organizations to help support educational programs that enable Canadian youth to succeed inside and outside the classroom. In Aurora, the 2018 Ted Rogers Community Grant of $15,000 will be awarded to Girls Inc., in support of its after school programs for girls in grades 7 to 12. At Girls Inc., after-school programming encourages girls to develop their self-esteem and to become strong, smart and bold.
Giving Together to support hockey in your community: Every week, Rogers is also Giving Together to support hockey in local communities. Attendees can participate in giving back through 50/50 draws or by purchasing popcorn and food from the on-site BBQ. All proceeds are donated to minor hockey organizations.
Food and beverages onsite:
Tim Hortons: As fans are enjoying the festival, warm up with a complimentary coffee or hot chocolate from the Tim Hortons mobile truck.
Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
Charity barbecue hosted by Aurora Minor Hockey Association, Central York Girls Hockey Association and York-Simcoe Express.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Event and Broadcast Details
- Aurora Community Centre, 1 Community Centre Lane (Yonge Street and Aurora Heights Drive)
- Saturday, Dec. 8 – Festival open from Noon ET to 6 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Dec. 9 – Festival opens at Noon ET and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party .
- Special Guests: Curtis Joseph, Jayna Hefford, Brian and Kelly McDavid, Children’s author and former broadcaster Lisa Bowes and a live musical performance by Beverley Mahood.
Game Matchup (double-header):
- Montreal Canadiens vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 5:30 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, Rogers NHL LIVE)
- Calgary Flames vs. Edmonton Oilers, 9 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, Rogers NHL LIVE)
- St. Andrew’s College: A close up look at St. Andrew’s College and the tradition behind one of the most storied hockey programs in Ontario.
- Aurora Hoedown: The Aurora Hoedown is the biggest event of the year - raising thousands for charity while offering food and music to those who attend. Tara Slone participated in the event in September.