​​​​​​Bylaw 4750-05.P authorizes the town clerk to close a road to vehicular traffic, on a temporary basis for such period as may be specified, any highway or portion thereof under the jurisdiction of the Town of Aurora for social, recreational, athletic, community, filming purpose, or combination of such purposes.

How to request a temporary road closure

To request a temporary road closure within the Town of Aurora for the purpose of a street party or social/community event, the following must be submitted to the town clerk, via Customer Service (1st Floor of Town Hall) at least four weeks prior to the event:

  1. Completed Road Closure Application

  2. Completed Hold Harmless Agreement Resident or Corporation.

  3. Petition signed by all of the homeowners affected, or confirmation of notification of affected properties

  4. Completed Application for Town Traffic Supplies

If you require more information, please contact 905-727-3123 ext. 4233 or by email to info@aurora.ca​ 

​Other Road Closure Applications​

A to Z Services: